Take a click back into Ancient Times, where typewriters were just everyday items.

Monday, November 19, 2012

My 1897 Remington Standard No. 6 Typewriter


This picture is of my 1897 Remington Standard No. 6 typewriter. Like I've said before, this one works really well... Maybe even better than a typewriter from the 1940s! The action is extremely smooth. Of course, the ribbon doesn't print very clearly, and it's another upstrike/blindwriter typewriter, so the whole 'You can't see what you type as you type it' makes it extremely ineffective, and extremely obselete. The mechanism became obselete by the end of 1910 due to Olivers and Underwoods. Still, this typewriter is very collectible, and has a serial number in the 10,000s, making it pretty early. (According to my findings in the binder full of typewriter ads. I have, they started making No. 6's in 1894... Perhaps this one may be a little earlier than 1897)?

No comments:

Post a Comment